La copie date de 1906.
En 1944, Félix Joubert avait fait une donation complémentaire de 130 lots d’objets, sculptures, armes et armures. «
Joubert à Londres :
» English Heritage believe that the current building was constructed in the mid-nineteenth century. The Companion Guide to London states that the Jouberts bought the building in 1880 and it seems that they added significant amounts of architectural decoration around that time. According to Nikolaus Pevsner and Bridget Cherry, the building includes a « flamboyant Louis XV façade and a triumphal entrance arch to its front courtyard with caryatids and quadringa … the odd, extremely heavy display of Grecian enthusiasm were added to an earlier house in 1881 by the artist and interior decorator Amédée Joubert ». The London Green Guide noted in 2012 that only the facade and portico survive.
The firm of Amédée Joubert & Son provided services of upholstery, gilding, the importation of Aubusson tapestry, Lyons silks and oriental carpets and the manufacture of French bedding, chairs etc. and continued until 1932, lastly under Felix Joubert who also made dolls’ house furniture for Queen Mary. By 1914, however, the showroom was closed and the rest of the building rented out as studios with only the basement in use by the Jouberts as a workshop. «
Notre Joubert ne faisait pas que des copies de vrai. Il faisait aussi des faux de faux.
« Despite its name, the ‘Welsh knife’ was neither truly Welsh nor a knife. Born out of an attempt to create a viable weapon for close-quarters combat in the trenches of the First World War, this ‘new and improved trench knife’ was patented by Felix Joubert, a renowned restorer of armour who had worked at Windsor Castle and the Wallace Collection. He was also a sometime faker of antique arms and armour and he unscrupulously sold to unsuspecting collectors. The ‘Welsh knife’ was purchased as a weapon for trench fighting between 1916 and 1917 by Thomas Evelyn Scott-Ellis, eighth Baron Howard de Walden, for equipping the battalion he was second in command of. »
« Joubert claimed in his patent application that the knife was based on ‘the well known and historic Welsh cledd’. However, no such knife is known to exist and it seems likely that this was a connection Joubert made to appeal to the nationality of the Welch Fusiliers. Instead, Joubert’s design appears to have been based upon the leaf-shaped swords of the late Bronze Age found throughout Europe. His weapon was a much broader, more robust version than the sword types it was based upon and well suited to survive the rigours of life in the trenches. »